Central Bucks High School - West
Coach Required Courses
Coaches Required Paperwork
- All coaches (Head, Assistant, and Volunteer) need to have a PIAA Coaching profile. These can be created by visiting piaa.org PIAA.org and hitting log in in the top left corner of the page. There they will have the option to log in or create a profile. All coaches, new and old, will need to make sure they have affiliation to CB West. This is wear caoches will post their PDF certificates for the NFHS Coachging courses. (directions for creating a profile)
- All coaches will need to complete the following courses on the NFHS Learn Portal. PDF versions of certificate should be uploaded to the Optional Training rather than printing and turning in hard copies.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Concussion in Sports
- Heat Illness Prevention
COACHING EDUCATION: UPDATED ON 2/25/18
- Article XIV of the PIAA by-laws calls for all interscholastic coaches to complete approved coaching education course effective July 1, 2016. This course can be taken through Human Kinetics or NFHS in a classroom setting or online. Please contact your athletic director for more information and read below.
- Two Options for Coaching Education Course:
- Coaching Principles Class: Successful Coaching by Rainer Martens: Human Kinetics.
- First Aid Course—Four hour course offered by Human Kinetics.
CBSD is offering its coaches the opportunity to complete these courses free of charge through our Safe Schools Program.
CB Coaches Handbook
Please read and document and return a signed copy of the Code of Ethics page prior to the start of your defined season each year.